Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fulbright Program

It is quite an honor to be selected as a Fulbright Scholar and I am mindful of the role this program plays in international scholarly exchange.  Meeting some of the other “Fulbrighters” in Oslo is humbling.  These are amazing scholars who represent the US and their home institutions well.  I am fortunate to be a part of the current group of scholars. 


Last week was my first week in Oslo and most of it was spent in perfunctory chores; getting a bank account, resident permit, etc.  The bright spot was meeting the Fulbright staff here in Oslo.  Their energy and enthusiasm is infectious.  Prior to my arrival, I knew this was going to be a wonderful opportunity but the Fulbright staff has really made that expectation real.  Anyone considering application to the Fulbright program would do well to look at the opportunities in Norway.  Their web address is:

No comments:

Post a Comment